Friday, May 8, 2009

BSA progress


Damn, its been a while. Oh well, no one reads this shit anyways. haha

Progress has been slow on my BSA. Figuring out this springer/brake is no easy task.

I took the frame and springer to my friend Joe who is going to machine a top clamp for me since im an idiot and bought it without one. He got a cup machined for the lower bearing and now hes waiting on me to find a 1"x24 stem nut for preloading the bearings so he can figure out the measurments and make the piece.

I also took my 68 triumph brake over there and we came to the conclusion that hes going to have to machine a new axle for me too.

In the meantime Im going to finish polishing my backing plate on my new buffer (which kicks ass!) Hopefully ill be able to order a new David Bird hardtail from Lowbrowcustoms too.

No comments: