Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Beach Boys


I haven't listened to much of The Beach Boys in the last few years. Maybe I got sick of their sound, maybe everyone making fun of them rubbed off on me, but today I ran across a video of "Surfer Girl" on a forum I read. I'll tell ya what, the beach boys might be over played at Sonic and Car shows around the world but they sure had talent. There arent too many guys I went to high school with that could or would even feel comfortable hitting some of those notes and not to mention playing an instrument at the same time. The Beach Boys may be overplayed and all their songs may have the same kind of sound but they sure do deserve credit and should get plenty of respect.

and if your still not convinced you can try Pet Sounds in LSD form.
http://thezeitghost.blogspot.com/2006/09/news-40th-anniversary-re-issue-of-pet.html


No comments: